Guardians of the Galaxy; long rumoured, finally official, the cosmic super-team flick will be coming August 2014 and the full team line-up has been announced and, as expected, it's entirely based on the 2008 revival series.
(1) Drax the Destroyer: A super-powered entity designed to kill Thanos, the mystery villain at the end of The Avengers, born out of a tragedy that was Thanos' making. He lives to finally avenge his pain and kill Thanos the Mad Titan.
(2) Star-Lord: A human merc who wears a supersuit that gives him powers. He's always seen packing a lot of firepower.
(3) Groot: A sentient tree and the last survivor of his race. Need I say more?
(4) Rocket Raccoon: A genetically modified raccoon with sentient intelligence and opposable thumbs for operating weaponry; useful. Rocket Raccoon is also a space cop; because why not? Expect this guy to be the most marketed character in the team.
(5) Gamora: Thanos raised Gamora as his step-daughter, abusing and shaping her into nothing more than a weapon for his wicked schemes. She evidently rebelled against her dear papa and joined the good guys.
Two Thanos-centric heroes pretty much confirms the rumours that he would be the villain of Guardians, setting the stage for The Avengers 2.
To get a better idea of this team, here is a piece of concept art by Charlie Wen:
Next, and equally as predictable, is the official announcement of Ant-Man by Edgar Wright.
Wright arrived at Comic Con to reveal some apparently awesome test footage to properly visualise how Ant-Man's unique powers would work on screen. Switching sizes during a hallway throw down with two guards, the powers apparently work really well; I sincerely hope Marvel are nice to us unable to travel to San Diego and release at least a scrap of the footage.
Ant-Man has no official release date. Soon, I hope.
Source: Coming Soon